Smart home products are starting to become permanent fixtures in most homes. In this connection, you often also want to have various products set up so that they sit most optimally for wifi signal or just to keep a tidy home.
Mounting/suspension is rarely included
In this connection, it can be difficult to find the right suspension for the many different products, if it exists at all. This is both due to the speed at which they come on the market and because the market for some of the models can be relatively small. When you combine this with the fact that brackets are rarely included with the product, it can be difficult to find the right bracket/suspension. It therefore typically ends up with the product standing and floating on a table or shelf where there is just enough space.
Advantages of installing smart home products
As already mentioned, there are some advantages to getting the smart home product off the table/shelf and onto a wall or ceiling, including:
- It provides better coverage
- You save space on the shelf or table
- The product can be more easily "hidden out of the way" behind, for example, a television or table
- You can have easier accessibility to the products if they are alternatively to be stored in a drawer/cupboard somewhere when you are not using the product
- Becomes an integrated part of the home more easily, as if, for example, you use a inset for a Philips Hue dimmer Switch so it looks like a "normal" switch